Clare Cottage in Milton Abbas
Lounge with iglenook fire place
En suite in
second double bedroom
||Nestling in the heart of a
wooded valley and surrounded by glorious countryside, Milton Abbas, built in 1780 by Sir
William Chambers, is considered to be the first model village in Britain.
The village and surrounding parkland was carefully landscaped by Capability Brown and
created by Lord Milton owner of the stately home, Milton Abbey, only a short stroll
away. Lord Milton considered the original market town of Middleton too close to his
prestigious new house and created Milton Abbas as a replacement to tempt villagers to move
out of sight beyond the hill.
Today Milton Abbas is famous for the unusual charm of the uniform 18th century thatched
cottages winding gently through the valley with stunning views down to Milton Lake.
Milton Abbas is centrally situated with plenty of amenities close at hand:
- Shop in village; Pub & restaurant;
- A wealth of rural pubs offering everything from fine dining to
- County Town of Dorchester only 20 minutes drive away, Georgian
town of Blandford Forum a similar distance;
- Glorious countryside walks;
- Historic Houses - Kingston Lacy, Corfe Castle, Athelhampton
House & Hardy's Cottage close by;
- Beaches of Weymouth or Studland only 30 minutes drive away;
- Horse riding only 5 minutes drive;